While New Jersey errors and omission liability insurance, sometimes called professional liability insurance, is important, even required by law, for many professionals, it is of particular value to legal professionals of various types.
Who May Benefit from Legal Errors and Omission Coverage?
In addition to attorneys and law firms, many legal professionals can benefit from carrying professional liability insurance. These include although are not limited to:
- Expert witnesses.
- Forensic investigators.
- Foreclosure attorneys.
- Mediation and arbitration practitioners.
- Bankruptcy trustees.
- Other trustee services.
- Insurance claims investigators.
- Professionals offering other types of litigation support.
What May Be Covered?
While alleged wrongful acts on the part of legal professional are typically covered under New Jersey errors and omission liability policies, a legal professional liability policy may also include coverage of the following:
- Subpoena support and assistance.
- Privacy breaches.
- Disciplinary defense.
- Prior acts.
- Non-practicing extended reporting. This is for attorneys who have ceased practicing law yet may face claims brought against them while they were still practicing.
As you know, you do not have to be guilty or even negligent in order to face costly litigation. Protect yourself, your practice and your reputation with a New Jersey errors and omission liability policy that will cover the exposures unique to your practice.